Estimated read time: < 8 minutes
What is a cocktail? According to our all time saviour, Wikipedia “when used to refer to any generic alcoholic mixed drink, cocktail may mean any beverage that contains two or more ingredients if at least one of those ingredients contains alcohol”.
Beer is almost everyone’s go-to drink, and specially after Oktoberfest, it seems to have become even more popular among us earthlings.
However, we humans are never satisfied with what we have. We always want to spice things up, add that extra oomph to our lives and so the good old beer wasn’t enough for us. And this is where the ‘beer cocktail’ makes an entry.
Here is a list of six beer cocktails which you must try.
- Stout Beer
- Champagne or Prosseco
Fill a Champagne flute halfway with beer. Pouring over a spoon into the glass, fill to the top with Champagne or sparkling Wine.
- 1 can of frozen limeade concentrate (The concentrate is made using fresh lime juice and a simple syrup)
- 12 fluid ounces of water, tequila and beer
- One lime cut into wedges
Pour limeade, tequila, water, and beer into a large pitcher. Stir until well-blended, and limeade has melted. Add plenty of ice, and garnish with lime wedges. Adjust with additional water, if needed.
RASPBERRY BEER COCKTAIL
- 3/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 1/2 bottles beer, chilled
- 1 container frozen raspberry lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1/2 cup vodka
- Garnish: lemon and lime slices
Stir together first 4 ingredients. Serve over ice. Garnish, if desired.
- Cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 oz Lime juice
- 2 drops Tabasco Sauce
- 2 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Celery salt
- Mexican lager beer (such as Corona or Sol, chilled)
Rub the lime wedge along half the rim of the glass and dip into a mix of equal parts salt and cayenne pepper. Add the remaining ingredients except the beer. Fill with beer and garnish with a fresh lime wedge.
- 1/2 pint wheat beer such as Bira White, Hoegaarden
- 1/2 pint orange juice
In a chilled Champagne flute glass, mix ingredients together. Drink and feel better.
GUINNESS CREAM SODA
- 1 cup of your favourite ice-cream Chocolate syrup
- 441ml Guinness Stout (chilled)
Scoop the ice-cream into a chilled pint glass. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and then slowly pour the Guinness over the ice cream.
SUMMER HOE DOWN
- 1 seedless watermelon, rind removed and cut into large cubes
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maraschino liqueur
- 4 bottles of Hoegaarden or other white beer
Blend half the watermelon until liquified; pour through a strainer and into a punch bowl. Add sugar to juice and stir until dissolved. Refrigerate until chilled for about 1 1/2 hours. When ready to serve, stir in beer and maraschino liqueur.
Image Credit: Pexels|Liquor.com| All Recipes| My Recipes | Serious Eats|Pinterest|
Follow Food and Nightlife for latest updates!